Thursday, December 13, 2007

Where Do You Come Up With Your Best Ideas?

Where do you come up with your best ideas? Writing a blog every day requires a lot of inspiration. I find location is the most important thing for me when I want to generate ideas.

The best location for me is one in motion. I think best in my car, on the freeway, during my daily 45 mile commute (one way). I don't know what it is about being in a moving vehicle that stimulates my thought-provoking brain cells, but it works for me. Does the "free" in freeway stand for free-flowing ideas?

Maybe it's the motion of the vehicle, other vehicles whirring past, or the sound of music flowing out of the car stereo that gets me thinking. Maybe it's the sense of freshness first thing in the morning--a rested mind with plenty of empty space for new thoughts. Maybe it's the fullness of a mind after a long excruciating day amidst the cubicles that continues to generate new ideas.

Whatever it is, it works.

No comments: