Friday, December 28, 2007

Strange Concept Of Travel Photos?


Just a little over a month until we cruise again. For weeks now I have been surfing the Internet cruising sites, and stargazing at the pictures I've taken in our travels -- some hanging on our walls and several on my screensaver. I just love to take photographs when I travel. I can have as many as three cameras on me at any one time.

If you saw the photos I like to take when traveling, you'd probably echo my kid's sentiments: "Why did you take THAT photograph?"

Case in point, the photo in this blog.

If I were to see this beat up old bar in my neighborhood, I'd hardly take the time to reach for my camera and save a digital history of it; but, the sagging roof, faded out colors, and Spanish language signage lured me in.

I can imagine a few locals inside, sitting around in those white plastic chairs from Walmart, and sipping on Sol and Corona beer from icy cold, sweating, long neck bottles. A sassy bar maid, in a colorful dress, makes her way from table to table with trays full of lime stuffed long necks.

I have photos of fish, rotting meat, colorful vegetables...trains, old beat up vehicles, and more old buildings. I like to capture life as it is. I am not as taken by those things built last year just for me, the camera toting, souvenir packing tourist, to plop down a few Pesos to view.

So if you see me in my travels, leaning over, lens inches from a doorknob, just smile and know I am in heaven--figuratively

No comments: