Monday, December 03, 2007

Throw It Away And Someone Will Ask For It!

I swear that it happens to me all the time. I was clearing a bunch of old files and books out of the office a couple of weekends ago. As I was shredding papers and putting others into the recycle pile along with the books, I said to my wife, "You watch, in a week someone will ask me for this!"

Sure enough, on Saturday morning, a week later, a friend of mine asked me for something that was in that pile. I had been holding on to it for two years, yet the minute I threw it out, someone wanted it.

It happens to me every time! How am I ever going to convince myself to get rid of all the junk I have been hanging on to for all these years?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself in that situation as well. I keep a lot of junk (my wife's words) because I know I will need it "someday". Of course, she is usually right because when the "someday" finally comes, the item is burried somewhere in the piles of "stuff"...I run to the store and buy another one.

Anonymous said...

At least I am in good company..