Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm Not A Stalker!

Let's get this straight, right up front... I am not a stalker.

Now that that is out of the way--have you ever looked at someone and wondered what their life was like? I mean, try and imagine what kinds of conversations they have with their partner, what they do in their spare time, and what kind of books they read? Are they creative? Religious? Looney?

What do those news broadcasters I wake up to every morning think about when they have to drag themselves out of bed before all the rest of us and get made up to look their best?

I especially like to watch foreigners. When I traveled to Mexico, or Japan, I loved to watch families, couples, or just individuals in their daily routines. What are they saying to each other? What does the inside of their house look like?

Does that Chinese lady, at the buffet I like to eat lunch at, live the same life as me or does she live a Chinese life here in America?

Now, I don't mean watching their every move and following them around hoping to get a sniff of their clothing! But I often find myself watching people and wondering what their lives are like. Not in a covetous way, just curious.

I love to watch people. How they interact with others, how they carry themselves, and even the clothes they wear. I suppose it comes from my own insecurity. One of my favorite sayings is: "I need a life."

Now I hope you don't get me wrong. As I said, I don't stalk anyone. But if you are sitting in a public place and it feels like someone is watching you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...I read this in the Charlotte, NC airport... twilight zone music...surrounded by loads of people to watch. ;)

HiTekRider said...

I will be in Fayetteville on the 10th of January for three and a half weeks. I know you are just as guilty of people watching as me...