Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Save Your Garbage? For A Year?

Ari Derfel. This guy must be nuts. He lives in California (which might explain it) and he saved ALL his garbage for a year...inside his HOUSE!

Now I am all for recycling, as I talked about in an earlier post. We don't do nearly as much as we should. But to save all our trash in our house, that's going a little bit overboard. The reason he had to save it inside his house, he explains, is that the local laws say if he stores it in bins outside, they have to be removed. Sounds logical. That's what garbage trucks are for.

It's not bad enough that he stores all his garbage in his house...but he says on his blog that he brought 16 days worth of garbage home with him from a vacation in Hawaii.

I said he must be nuts, but I applaud him for his eco-consciousness. The pictures make me wonder about his sanity, but get me thinking. I will monitor his blog this year to see how he does it and how I can maybe learn from his efforts.

How about you? You be the judge: http://saveyourtrash.typepad.com/

No comments: