Tuesday, January 08, 2008

CompUSA Bye Bye?

My wife and I had to do a double take during the holidays when she noticed a shabbily dressed man hanging around the street corner waving a big brightly colored banner announcing: CompUSA is going out of business - everything in store up to 30% off!

"NOT CompUSA!" I said. What next?

It always makes me a little sad when businesses that seem to have been around forever can't make it anymore. Chevy's, Joe's Crab Shack, Media Play, to name a few, have all come and gone in the past couple years.

Is it the new guy on the corner getting all the business? Is it poor management? I don't know, but I wish they would all quit messing with my life. I need stability. :)

I guess someone else will just have to fill their niche. Now, where did I put that Best Buy coupon?

No comments: