Thursday, January 24, 2008

Breaking Out

I felt all grown up and adventurous today. I got to take the rental car for a joy ride after work.

After a ten and a half hour training session in weather cold enough to require lots of layers of clothing, face cover, beanie, and gloves, I decided I was NOT going to go back to the four walls of my hotel room and stare. I commandeered the keys to the Trailblazer and hit the road.

Now, the road was only about a quarter mile long, but I made it to my destination in record time. The parking lot was packed, bright neon lights proudly announced its name for all of Fayetteville to see. I was so excited to see some of the world famous sites in Fayetteville.

Entering the cavernous building I stopped for a moment to take it all in. People! There were people everywhere. Young families, old couples, individuals, all scurrying about their business.

I couldn't believe all the flashy colors around me. The sounds were exciting. You wouldn't find all this stimulation in my hotel room. I can assure you of that! Even crying babies, screaming kids, and overanxious teenagers, who usually drive me crazy, couldn't dim my excitement. The place had everything you could ever want to see.

I wandered around for quite a while taking in all the many sites around me. I even took the time out of my gawking for a hamburger and a Diet Coke. Before my foray was complete I picked up a few souvenirs and some snacks for the trip back to the hotel room, but all good things have to come to an end, so I got back into the Trailblazer and cruised on back to the hotel room.

I feel energized. It is amazing what a little trip to Walmart to pick up some Diet Coke, a few supplies, and a burger and drink at the McDonald's in the back will do for a body couped up in a hotel all week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, honey! Was it as much fun as the PV Wal-Mart though? Probably not but the visit obviously salved that nagging, "I can't go back to my room just yet" thought, didn't it?

I love you, sweetie!

Me