Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Night Lights

Tonight I decided to live dangerously and venture out on the town on my own. It was not that late, 7:30 pm, but I was going to forego the usual hotel room blues and go out.

I chose the venue, got the rental car from the guys, and headed out. Solitaire.

Peanut shells on the floor, loud country music, dim lights, and lots of young people drinking and having what they consider to be a good time. Several TV monitors were arranged around the room, most with some sporting event broadcast silently for all to see. One a baseball game, another a boxing match, and soccer on a couple others. It certainly was different from the usual environment I find myself in on a Saturday night.

The young ladies swirled and stomped as they line-danced to the cowboy crooners. Young men and women, both, staggered their way from table to table to talk with their friends or make their way to the restrooms. All were having what I am sure, as I said previously, they thought was a great time. Some, sadly, due to the consumption of so much alcohol won't even remember this fine evening.

What was I doing in such a crazy environment, so many miles from home and without my wife? Well, it is a wild and crazy place, Texas Road House, on a Saturday night. But I have to eat a nice steak dinner once in a while. Don't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got your steak dinner, honey! I miss you again tonight...I think it's this "last week away" syndrome!

Counting down to Saturday...

Love you!

Always yours,

M

Kelli said...

I enjoy your posts and reading about the things you make note of during the day. Your thoughts are more interesting than you give yourself credit for. I visit your blog daily and read whatever the last post is no matter how many times I've read it before.