Thursday, May 15, 2008

On the road....AGAIN



Home for a short four days and on the road again. This time I am in southern Arizona. I was actually stationed here over 20 years ago. I am excited to see what has changed.

The trip down was ok. Flying down in one of those small CRJ commuter jet seats is not very comfortable, but that's OK. What really bothers me is the airline itself. Skywest, and Delta Connection, in my recent experience, have run down, dirty aircraft. They overbook most flights, and if the flight is full there is a good chance they will put your luggage on the next flight. It happened to me a couple trips ago and it happened to my friend this trip.

And, flying for the fifth trip since January, most of them on Delta and Delta Connection airlines, I am sick of the crackers, Bischoff cookies, and peanuts they offer in coach. Please, come up with something that actually tastes good.
I have dubbed the $25 fee for a second suitcase, the "Executive Salary Surcharge." The airline executive's exhorbitant salaries could be lowered to something realistic instead of charging us for a second bag. I know, they claim it is higher gas costs.

I guess I should just be happy they got us here safely.

No comments: