Friday, May 09, 2008

I Should Have Known

Microsoft informed me that a software update was available for my Zune and that Service Pack 3 was ready for Windows. Like a sucker, I automatically began the updates.

Two days later, it is now almost 11pm on the east coast, I am waiting for the last 35 files to load on my Zune.

Why do I fall for the Microsoft update scam?

Every update I think I've ever performed of a Microsoft product has caused me great headaches. My Zune could not be recognized by my PC. I had to completely wipe out everything on my Zune and then it wouldn't sync nor would it turn off. It just sat there on the instruction screen telling me to sync with my PC. Annoying.

Several hours of Internet research and computer file/registry magic I just might have come back up to normalcy.

I hope next time I get a message from Microsoft that something has an upgrade, I will be smarter and research everything that WILL go wrong, then have all the contingencies in place to make the process go smoother. At least maybe take only one day and not two to recover everything.

Thanks Bill Gates...

No comments: