Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Know, It Is A Dry Heat


It reached 88 degrees today and we were outside all day to be scorched by the sun. It was boiling hot as we crawled all over the equipment to try and fix some irritating problems. Dry mouth, dry skin, and hard work. Every time I leaned over the water droplets streamed down my face. I looked really nerdy with a handkerchief covering my head underneath my hat. It took both (and a periodic changeover between two others as they took their turns drying in the sun) to keep the head dry.

Day over, work accomplished, I returned to the hotel exhausted.

After dinner, I decided that a good soak in the hot tub would be super on the pulsating legs, so I stepped outside to take a dip.

It was so relaxing to watch as the blue, cloudless sky changed colors from shades of blue to pink, yellow and white the closer you got to the horizon.

It is a mystery to me how the day can reach such high temperatures and yet the evening breeze is cold enough to bring on chills until I completely dried myself off. The desert is a mystery to me.

Tomorrow, it promises to reach into the 90s. Lucky us.

No comments: