Sunday, May 18, 2008

Why Not Take A Little Walk


When I was a young soldier here at Ft Huachuca (30 years young), I used to run everyday with my Army unit. I would also run with my wife sometimes in the evening. One Saturday some soldier friends talked me into running the equivalent of a 10K with them. It was the longest I ever ran in one time and the last time I did.

So, today I decided to WALK the same distance to celebrate the day when I was energetic enough to run at least once a day.

I started out at 9:15 am and with a stop for lunch and browsing through the local Hastings Book and Music store I returned to the hotel at about 2:15 pm. I walked from the hotel to the Main Gate of Ft Huachuca and back to the hotel.

I've posted proof with a photo of the pedometer. And also a few more photos of desert foliage from along the way (see next post).

Now, pardon me while I lay down and recover from this foolishness...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You totally crack me up, sweetie! Saturday was the Running with Angels event at Thanksgiving Point. The Mellors--Naleta, Nicole, and Corbin all did the run. Wish I could've joined them...but I had to teach.

Keep up that walkin' stuff! You rock! The desert foliage is truly beautiful!

Love you,

M