Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Lessons Learned

Another training class is about to come to an end as this week ends. This class will have been number 5, in the same number of months, with number 6 coming during the sixth month. If nothing else, I have learned a lot about myself.

One of the things I learned is that I need to figure out some kind of hobby or activity that I can do on the road that makes me feel like I am making some kind of progress. Sometimes I feel like I am just spinning wheels.

My friend brings a full size keyboard (the musical kind) with him and practices two hours a night. I have no musical talent so that is out of the question.

I love to take pictures, but with one car for three of us it is hard to just take off and go photo-adventuring.

I intended on writing in this blog everyday, but I have found that it is tough to come up with topics on a daily basis. I still try to write everyday, but sometimes go a few days without (especially on the days I am home spending time with the sweetheart). There isn't always something to say.

I love to read but don't feel like that is really getting me anywhere.

I have thought about going into the craft/fabric store (in disguise of course) and get one of those hoops that you use to crochet/knit/sew (whatever it is you do) scarves or stocking caps. I could do that while I watch TV, read, or listen to audio books.

I even thought about trying my hand at drawing, but I have no talent for that.

Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can look for something while you're home this next week. One of the things I've loved about the blog is seeing your photos and reading the accompanying commentary...maybe adding "The rest of the story..." to your photos would be a place to begin building onto your wonderful photography talent.

Love you,

M

Anonymous said...

Many of us love you John. You are the inspiration that I use to keep pressing forward with weight loss - even though I have gained some recently, I still think of you and your fantastic progress.
I love photography as well. I bought a Nikon D80 and still have not figured out how to use it.
I wish your life would slow down a bit so you and Marj can come to a BBQ on my FINISHED deck!!! Yes, I said finished. Anyway - Kelli and I were talking about you and your constant training - don't know how you do it. I consider you a great personal friend.
Tracy