Sunday, November 25, 2007

Smart Car - I Want One

I am tired of wasting money on gas commuting 100 miles round trip to work every weekday. The announcement that the Smart fortwo car will be coming to the US in 2008 has me intrigued.
I saw one on a trip to Japan and would love the 40 mpg (average highway and city) and under $15,000 price tag that it affords.
Being 6 ft 2 in and over 200 lb might be a challenge, but years ago I commuted in a GEO Metro and that worked. Can't wait to see one in a showroom!
For now I will have to just check in at http://www.smartusa.com/ for a sneak peek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually saw one of these on I-15 on the way home from work one day last summer. In Germany, the companies that sell them display them in big glass cases along the highway--stacked in the case like toys. You also get a tax break if you drive one in Germany. :)