Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blogging Thoughts

The Blogosphere has captured my full attention. I’ve made it through the first week of posting and I am excited about sharing my thoughts online.

As a confessed bookaholic I picked up a couple of books on blogging and have been scouring them and the blogs on blogging to learn all I can about this brave new world.

Bob Walsh has some good advice in his book, “Clear Blogging,” and on his blog at http://clearblogging.com. If you see me tweaking things on a daily basis it is because I have read something that educated me just a little bit more. I will still make amateur mistakes and overdo things as I try out new widgets and features. It will all calm down in time.

A distinct voice, I feel, will also come along with time. Thanks, Kelli, for the sound advice about being patient and waiting for it to develop. I’ve appreciated comments from people very much and hope to soon get the trackback and comment etiquette part of it all.

I love Bob’s words in his book, “The reason the number of people blogging keeps doubling every five months…is that blogging gives us a new way to communicate, to share, to influence, to connect, to outrage, to matter.”

Count me in!

No comments: