Wednesday, November 21, 2007

First Post...Hopefully Not The Last

I established this blog a while ago. I have not posted to it yet. I need to write more often and so maybe this blog will allow me to do this.

I enjoy reading the blogs from people around the world, especially in Mexico and Japan. Having visited both, and would love to visit more often, I am very interested in what people say about life in the two countries.

We will be returning to Mexico on our cruise in February 08. The cruise will be too short. We booked a 5 day Carnival cruise to Baja, Mexico because we wanted the itinerary. We will be sailing on the Carnival Elation.

The Elation is the same ship layout as the Ecstasy which was the first ship we cruised on. Home port is San Diego, CA and we will visit La Paz, Ensenada, and Cabo. We have visited Ensenada once and Cabo twice. We will be taking a trip to Todos Santos, an artists colony, instead of spending the day in Cabo when we arrive.

I love to take photographs when I travel. I look forward to taking plenty of photographs of the people and the architecture.

I wanted to learn spanish before we returned to Mexico. I bought workbooks, CDs and a computer program. None of these seemed to work for me. Now, three months away and I am no closer to knowing any spanish.

When we visit Puerta Villarta we eat at a great little seafood restaurant: the Blue Shrimp. A wonderful restaurant. I hope we can find at least one good restaurant on this trip. Fresh shrimp is one of my favorites.

Anyone out there with any ideas? Not that anyone will be able to see this blog...

No comments: