Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It's here again. Time to give thanks. It seems like time flys nowadays. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.
Life is funny. I was thinking this morning about all those family and loved ones who have passed away and what I remember of them. What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? What did we gain from our relationship? What do I miss most about them? I thought about how I want my kids to remember me and asked myself what I am doing to give them good things to remember.
What did I do to take advantage of my parents life experiences? I let their busy lives and mine take over our days. There were so many things I didn't know about them and their parents and grandparents. Now it is probably lost to me.
And brother Bob. I was excited to work with him on our family genealogy. He left us too young.
If only I could have a day to share with them and say all the things I wanted to say to them but didn't think about until I was peering over their final earthly resting places. I should have thanked them while they were still here with us for all the things I loved about them.
Thank you all my friends and family for all you do for me. Whether you are here in Utah, Japan, or across the country, I love you all and hope we get to share some happiness together again real soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy T-day to you and Marj. Keep up the writing...who knows it might lead to an article. It's somewhere to get all of your thoughts gathered so you can refer back to them at least.

I hope you guys have a great time on your cruise. I am thankful that you are my friends. :)