Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Founders Quiz

I love reading books about how companies began their lives.

My favorites are about companies in the high tech industry - since that is where I’ve spent the majority of my career. I am currently reading the “The Google Story” by David A. Vise and Mark Malseed on my Palm T/X, something I would never have endorsed in theory, until I tried it myself.

I love traditional paper and ink books. I love the look, the feel, and the smell of them. I love turning the pages and taking them in and out of the book shelf at the library or my favorite book store. But for the sake of convenience, I also like a good electronic book. I can slip it into my shirt pocket and read it at times when I couldn’t, or shouldn’t, be seen reading a book. I’ll let you be the judge of when those times could be.

The Google Story takes me back many years to the beginning of my career when I daydreamed about working in the next garage development lab. I wanted to work next to the greatest whiz kids of my generation. Late nights at the computer banging out code, or bent over breadboards designing the next big electronic thing-a-ma-jig.

See if you can match some of the founders with their companies.


Don't peek at the answers!



A-6, B-8, C-1, D-2, E-3, F-7, G-5, H-4

2 comments:

Christie said...

The founder's quiz came out looking a bit blurry, so I passed. I enjoyed hearing your take on electronic books. A friend and I had a conversation about our love of print books, but we've never read an electronic one. "Almost thou persuadest me."

You visited my blog about Weight Watchers. I hope you're doing well. I have a hard time losing weight in the winter. To keep my sanity (not obsess about everything I eat), I'm going to try Core. And really focus on getting all the healthy guidelines.
Big sigh.

HiTekRider said...

Great to hear from someone else that loves printed books. Thanks for the comment!

The founder's quiz imported blurry so I'll have to figure out how to import without distortion. Good lesson for me.

Thanks, too, for the encouragement with Weight Watchers. That is what I love about it,we are all in it together.