Friday, April 25, 2008

A Short Visit to Augusta National

HOT, HUMID day to be outside all day in the sun. I melted. Drank tons of water. Yes, Marj, water.

We are in Augusta, Georgia. So it is a must that we visit the Augusta National Golf Course. Luckily I was forewarned about what we would find or I would have been majorly disappointed.

As we drove past the course, all we could see was a wall of trees alongside the road we were driving on. The course, exclusive as it is, is surrounded by tall trees and access is denied to the lowly folks like us. If you didn't know what was behind the trees; you wouldn't know what was behind the trees. Huh? Well you know what I mean.

The up side was seeing all the big, beautiful old southern houses in that area. They look like big plantation homes. I am sure that at one time they were very, very expensive homes of affluent Augusta residents. Who knows, maybe they still are.

Tomorrow I am off to the riverwalk to get pictures of Augusta. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to "see you back online!" I missed your daily musings...

Love you,

M.