Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Easter Redux

Okay, it has been a few days since I wrote anything in this blog. So sue me.

I am on the road again. I arrived this afternoon in Georgia. I have been through Atlanta several times in the last four months, but never stayed. This time we took a short hop from Atlanta to Augusta.

It started early this morning at the airport in SLC. I had been awake since 5 am, but the airport was still opening its eyes and getting dressed.

The stillness of a people-less airport is almost eerie. It is almost like the quiet before the storm. Gates sit empty. The signs behind the ticket desks announce the mornings first flight still two to three hours away.

Young LDS missionaries, suitcases strewn across the floor in front of the ticket counter, remove one item at a time and weigh it on the luggage scale hoping to reduce a mere two pounds of weight. "Hmmm, how much does this towel weigh?"

Wide awake and hungry, I make my way over to Wolfgang Puck's for a breakfast pizza. Not just any breakfast pizza, but one I have been salivating for, on every pass, through every concourse, on every airport I have traveled through this year. Finally, I get to indulge my appetite with a nice, slow, munchout. It was all I thought it would be.

Bags checked, security cleared, breakfast over, and the roar of a jet engine taking off announces that the airport is in business for the day. I am on the road again...

No comments: