Thursday, April 24, 2008

Can You Do It Everyday?

Patterns, habits, discipline...whatever you want to call them, why are they so hard to get started?

I've been determined this trip to get back to some good habits I thought I had instituted in my life, but abandoned since hitting the road as a trainer.

Daily walking and reading scriptures are a couple of them. Oh, and writing in this blog. So far, two days into the trip, I have been successful. I know, "big deal, tell me about it in a month."

OK, I accept the challenge.

The weather here is humid and hot. It was supposed to reach 81 degrees F today and I am sure it did. I had to make sure to drink plenty of water and even some Gatorade.

Our pre-class tasks have been harder than usual with the extreme heat. The weight I've put on has really been felt too. Aches and pains I haven't felt in a couple of years are kicking my butt.

Someone told me the other day at home to start small. One thing at a time. I took that challenge and will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck--I'm sure you can do it. You have proven that you have what it takes to get things back on track--and you're not starting from scratch this time. :)
~K