Friday, August 29, 2008

Political Thoughts

I dictated a few thoughts about the presidential campaign during my morning and evening commutes. You don't have to agree. I will still like you. Well, most of you.

When I listen to the antics of the Obama campaign it makes me wonder if he is running for president or running for rock star. He's trying to reach a younger audience but everything he's doing is more rock star than presidential candidate. Getting a stadium venue to get more people and having them all text message using their own cell phones is supposed to get him “in” with the young folks.

Volunteering your cell phone number to anyone is a big gamble. I was shocked at why people would give up their cell phone number. And then I heard them announce that they would send text messages to these people over their cell phones and they wanted them to forward those messages to everyone in their calling list! Don't waste my airtime on a political advertisement. Don't forward messages to my cell phone. My cell phone number is sacred. Unlike my house phone, everybody doesn't have the number which means I don't have to constantly hang up on telemarketers. A political text message from Obama, or anybody else, is nothing more than a telemarketing call. I hate telemarketers.

The Obama campaign tries to portray Obama as youthful. Obama is no more youthful than I am. He doesn't listen to the same music; watch the same movies, read the same books or magazines as these kids he's trying to fool. His hands will be just as tied as anyone else by Congress and world situations that he will have to deal with and promises to these young people will quickly fade into campaign history.

Other world leaders want mature leaders with experience. They want someone who's been around the block who can deal with international issues.

One of my main concerns with the Democrats is that our country was strong because of our conservativeness and our fear of Godlessness. The liberalism of the Democrat's free and easy thinking scares me; I think it's tearing apart our country.

It would be wonderful to have world peace and human rights for all. If you understand some of the cultures creating chaos in the world today, their only aim is to make sure everyone in the world acts and thinks like them. I know that as Americans we want everyone in the world to receive the benefits of a democracy. But we don’t force it on anyone.

And now they've done it! The Republicans have announced a woman vice presidential candidate. That's got to be a shocker to the Democrats. And this woman didn't enter politics with the sole aim to run for president, as people like the Clintons and Obama. She was in city government prior to two very successful years as a governor. It will be very interesting what all those Hillary supporters do with a woman in the mix. And she's young too; forty four I think. I think it's a good move by the Republicans.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

As I testified at the US. Senate robo calls are an epidemic and are invading the privacy of All American Voters.

Our members are taking a stand and saying enough is enough at the National Political Do Not Contact Registry at StopPoliticalCalls.org.

Here is a quote from a member recently:

"I'm a shift worker, working variable shifts. I depend on my sleep to be able to do my job safely and efficiently. I'm a locomotive engineer. Imagine the disaster were I to fall asleep, operating a freight train carrying hazardous materials in your neighborhood, due to fatigue from being awoken in my middle of the night on a continuous basis during election season. Please stop.."

Regards,

Shaun Dakin
CEO and Founder
http://www.stoppoliticalcalls.org