Saturday, August 09, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Home safely. It sure makes it nice to travel first class.

You'd think with 8 round trips this year, I'd be a pro at getting through security. Well, today I reached into my computer case before I entered security and found not just one, but two of my knives inside. My luggage was already on its way so I couldn't just slip it into my suitcase.

So, the nice TSA guy helped me to place each of them into a special shipping package you can purchase ($10 each) and place them into the package drop where they can only be removed by the shipper. I felt much better that I didn't have to throw away my expensive knives.

As I reached the end of the concourse and sat down with my CPAP, computer, and another bag I noticed the TSA guy briskly coming up behind me waving my $20 bill. It seems that he didn't know that you are supposed to put the money IN the package with the knives.

Hopefully, when I call the shipper on Monday I can give them my credit card information and once again be reunited with my two knives. DOH

No comments: