Monday, July 21, 2008

Escaped

I escaped the monotony of the hotel room for a dinner out by driving myself to Arundel Mall in Anne Arundel County. What strange names. I looked them up on the Internet and they actually have historic meanings. Not historic enough or interesting enough to keep my interest...

The mall is HUGE. I made the mistake of entering the door that goes into the food court so I ended up eating some crappy mall Chinese food. Lo and behold (I always wanted to say that), on the other side of the mall are many good food restaurants. I'll know next time.

As I walked around the mall, I felt like I was in a different world. East coast fashions are too hip hop for me. I have no use for flat billed NY Yankee or Boston Red Sox baseball caps in wild colors with so many graphics on them it hides the actual team logo. Neon shoes and shirts don't quite fit my look and bling is definitely out.

But there were a couple good shoe stores that carried the kind of work shoes the wife wants me to buy. They were probably even good prices. I just have this aversion to spending money on new clothes...oh, you can tell? I admit it. If I am wearing nice clothes, or more than one pair of shoes in a week, it is because I have such a good wife who takes good care of me.

I couldn't put out the cash for the shoes, but the new diamond stud earring sure looks nice. :}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's my sweetie! Maybe we can "spring" for the shoes while I'm in town next week, eh?

I love you...miss you...can't wait 'til a week from Thursday when I arrive in Baltimore!

Always yours,

M