Thursday, March 13, 2008

True Confessions



OK, I have another confession. While I was in Korea, I bought one of those cheesy jackets with Korea and a dragon embroidered on it.

You've seen them; usually on young GIs fresh from a tour to Japan, Korea, or the Philippines. Proudly they wear them, shouting out to the whole world that they have been there. They are veterans of an Asian tour of duty.

I used to see them all the time on Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, and Airmen. I secretly coveted one of my own, but I didn't get to go to Asia until I was well into my 40's.

I don't know where I'd ever wear it. It is kinda bold and really clashes with anything in my wardrobe. But it's all MINE.

Jealous? Hah! Good. You'll just have to go overseas and get your own.

Oh, did I mention I had my name sewed into it too? :)

1 comment:

Kent said...

It seems that for a friend who helped you get some swords out of Japan, you would at least offer to get him one of those jackets as well!!! Now we need a picture of you wearning it!!