Thursday, March 13, 2008

Leaving Korea



As we drove the three hours from Waegwan to Seoul to fly out of Korea, we passed quite a few familiar names on buildings. The one photo only has a symbol, but I think you can tell who it is.



The flight from Incheon Airport to San Francisco, although rather long, was very nice. Korean Airlines 747s are much nicer than the ones I've flown in from Delta Airlines.

To punish me, Delta Airlines put me in a CRJ regional commuter jet from LA to SLC. That was no fun at all. To make matters worse, the plane was filthy and we were late getting out of LA. It wasn't as if we weren't tired enough of travelling but it was not nice of Delta Airlines to make sure the trip was in the worst conditions.

We waited at the baggage claim as everyone else snatched their luggage from the rotating baggage dispenser. "There it is" was heard from everyone around me. But, unfortunately, not from me.

So as the conveyor belt stopped, I made one desperate turn around the motionless belt to see if I overlooked my luggage: you know, the two large suitcases with bright orange canvas identifiers hanging off the handles. Maybe I just misidentified them...

With that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, I dragged my worn out torso over to the missing baggage office. "Here's a message on it now," the smiling gentleman behind the counter reported as he pointed at the computer monitor in front of him. "They put it on the next airplane and it arrives in 45 minutes."

None of his explanations for why they chose to put my luggage on the next airplane and put my travelling companion's on this plane would suffice, so my wife and I sat down and waited.

An hour later, we were finally on our way home with the luggage.

Four days at home and I'm off again. This time Delta put me on a nice big 767 from SLC to Atlanta and then into the CRJ again from Atlanta to Jacksonville, NC. They have it in for me. I know they do.





No comments: